Sports, Money and Profit
Golf is a sport in which a player, using several types of clubs including a driver and a putter, hits a ball into each
hole on a golf course in the lowest possible number of strokes. Golf is one of the few ball games that does not use a standardized
playing area; rather, the game is played on golf "courses", each one of which has a unique design and typically consists of
either 9 or 18 holes. Golf is defined in the Rules of Golf as "playing a ball with a club from the teeing ground into the
hole by a stroke or successive strokes in accordance with the Rules."
Golf competition may be played as stroke play, in which the individual with the lowest number of strokes is declared the winner,
stableford points play (as devised in 1931 by Dr. Frank Stableford of the Wallasey & Royal Liverpool Golf Clubs), in which
the individual with the highest points score is declared the winner or as match play with the winner determined by whichever
individual or team posts the lower score on the most individual holes during a complete round. In addition, team events such
as fourball have been introduced, and these can be played using either the stroke, stableford or matchplay format. Alternative
ways to play golf have also been introduced, such as miniature golf, sholf and disc golf.
You can always improve your game,
provide you with the best tools to do it;
That's just par for the course."
Top-Flite Men's XL 2012 Golf Set
This set is designed to generate maximum distance with superior forgiveness for golfers of all skill levels. With a 460cc titanium composite driver, a fairway wood, two hybrids, five irons and a putter, this set has you covered from tee to green. A lightweight stand bag, two headcovers and a rain hood complete the set. Available in right-handed and left-handed sets.
- Driver460cc forged driver with a large sweet spot provides more forgiveness to crush drives (Headcover included)Fairway WoodHigh MOI 3-Wood has a more aerodynamic head shape for long, soaring shots (Headcover included)
- Hybrids (4H, 5H)Replace hard-to-hit long irons for more confidence and playability on a variety of shots
- Irons (6-P)Perimeter weighted stainless steel clubs offer forgiveness and control
- PutterProgressive mallet shape aids alignment for better accuracy on the green
- Stand BagLightweight and durable with four spacious pockets, two mesh tee holders, padded dual carry strap and rain hood
Top Flite XL+ Complete Golf Set
This comprehensive set provides a powerful combination of distance and forgiveness for every level of golfer. The Top-Flite XL+ Set is comprised of a 460cc titanium composite driver with a graphite shaft. Now with two stainless steel fairway woods with graphite composite shafts, two easy-to-hit stainless steel hybrids, six perimeter-weighted stainless steel irons and a putter. Also included are a lightweight stand bag, five headcovers and a rain hood. Available in right-handed and left-handed sets.
- Driver460cc clubhead with a large, forgiving sweet spot, a high MOI and a strong graphite shaft for long distance off the tee (Headcover included)
- Fairway Woods (3, 5)Stainless steel clubheads paired with graphite composite shafts for faster swing speeds and longer shots (Headcovers included)
- Hybrids (4H, 5H)Provide versatility and forgiveness for shots that previously required hard-to-hit long irons (Headcovers included)
- Irons (6-S)Progressive sole width technology and perimeter notch weighting allow for better control through the set
- PutterEnhances aim and accuracy with a milled face and stylish headshape
Golf has gained World popularity
In 2005 Golf Digest calculated that there were nearly 32,000 golf courses in the world, approximately half of them in the
United States. The countries with most golf courses in relation to population, starting with the best endowed were: Scotland,
New Zealand, Australia, Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Canada, Wales, United States, Sweden, and England (countries
with fewer than 500,000 people were excluded). Apart from Sweden, all of these countries have English as the majority language,
but the number of courses in new territories is increasing rapidly. For example the first golf course in the People's Republic
of China opened in the mid-1980s, but by 2005 there were 200 courses in that country.
Wilson Men's 2015 Ultra Complete Package Golf Set, Standard
Hand Orientation: Right
- Set Makeup: Driver, 3 Fairway Wood, 4 Hybrid, Irons 5-PW and Putter
- Grip: Standard
- Shaft: Irons steel
- Recommended for Beginner golfers
- Men's Standard: 6'2" and under
Tiger Woods (born Eldrick Tont Woods, December 30, 1975) is an American professional golfer whose achievements to date rank
him among the most successful golfers of all time. Currently the World No. 1, Woods was the highest-paid professional athlete
in 2007, having earned an estimated $122 million from winnings and endorsements. According to Golf Digest, Woods made $769,440,709
from 1996 to 2007, and the magazine predicts that by 2010, Woods will become the world's first athlete to pass one billion
dollars in earnings.
Woods has won fourteen professional major golf championships, the second highest of any male player, and 65 PGA Tour events,
third all time. He has more career major wins and career PGA Tour wins than any other active golfer. He is the youngest player
to achieve the career Grand Slam, and the youngest and fastest to win 50 tournaments on tour.
Woods has held the number one position in the world rankings for the most consecutive weeks and for the greatest total number
of weeks. He has been awarded PGA Player of the Year a record nine times, the Byron Nelson Award for lowest adjusted scoring
average a record eight times, and has tied Jack Nicklaus' record of leading the money list in eight different seasons. He
has been named Associated Press Male Athlete of the Year a record-tying four times, and is the only person to be named Sports
Illustrated's Sportsman of the Year more than once.
Woods, who is multiracial, is credited with prompting a major surge of interest in the game of golf. Woods dramatically increased
attendance and TV ratings and generated interest among a multicultural audience in a game that used to be considered insular